Wednesday 13 September 2017

Triangular and Pennant Stitch

my life rn
            Oh no It's been a whole week! In my defense I will say I hacent been fleeling great, I won't
super go into it because 1) It's gross 2) It's a periodic thing so if I say I'm not feeling well you ccan all assume I'm suffering because sometimes my organs like to not work properly. I'm getting a bit impatient at the minute because Cook Serve Delicious 2 is coming out in around 3 hours and I've had to wait an ectra 3 weeks and ITS KILLING ME, also student finance has decided to be stupid and take their website down at basically the worst possible time (seriously it's a week before uni starts and the site is down for maintinance bloody idiots shouldve waited until at least mid-term) so I cant preint out my declaration form and it's stressing me out tbh. AND my holiday to majorca is on saturday so I am getting excited for that especially now it's getting bleeding cold in the day. Oh and there was a powercut today. That was fun. And I really need to pack. There's a lot of stress right now.

            Anyway as a sorry for not posting for a week I'm doing two stitches today, although to be fair they are very similar and would probably have been two shorter posts otherwise. Anyway Triangular and Pennant stitch both have a tendancy to form a pleated look if left unblocked. Pennant tends to do this more than triangular stitch, or rather it makes more defined looking lines vertically in fact the effect is so strong it's sometimes called pennant pleating. Triangular stitch is often also called mock kilting which strongly suggests it's orgininal development being in Scotland or Ireland. Blocking tends to lose the plating so I would suggest doing a swatch of these before using it, as it tends to draw in a little, particularly towards the ends, because of the pleating. Because blocking ruins it they can be hard to predict.


Triangular stitch
Swatch is as follows - 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 35st x 42st - Longtail CON -Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working flat:
CON multiple of 7st
Row 1 - *P6,K1*
Row 2 - *P2,K5*
Row 3 - *P4,K3*
Row 4 - *P4,K3*
Row 5 - *P2,K5*
Row 6 - *P6,K1*

In theory you could broaden this stitch by editing the pattern only slightly, a nice pattern for a skirt.





Pennant Stitch
(blurgh it's slightly blurry I should really re-take this.
I may need an update)
Swatch is as follows - 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 30st x 36st - Longtail CON - Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working flat:
CON multiple of 6st
Row 1 - *K1,P5*
Row 2 - *K4,P2*
Row 3 - *K3,P3*
Row 4 - *K2,P4*
Row 5 - *K5,P1*
Row 6 - *K2,P4*
Row 7 - *K3,P3*
Row 8 - *K4,P2*

Both of these patterns have common repeats, so they are quick to pick up. And because the pattern chages slightly every row it's not a chore to knit. Again this would make a nice skirt.



Right that's it for today I'm off to impatiently wait for Cook Serve Delicious 2. At least I can impatiently wait with other people on the Dev's Dischord. This is where it doesn't get released until late into the night and I'm waiting up till 3am only to download it and be too tired to play. I swear half the games I wait for I can never end up playing as soon as I would like. See Persona 5. Anyway have fun with the two patterns, we're heading onto some very nice, very old ,overall patterns soon (yay brocades) so nothing complicated in our future for now. Happy Knitting!

A real pleated kilt

No comments:

Post a Comment