Tuesday 26 September 2017

Lozenge Pattern

            Well I'm back from my holidays! And I'm just about settled back at uni, I still need to unpack properly and sort a few things out but things have finally quieted down again. Although I may be very busy in the next few weeks depending on how lectures go and how fast I can finish Persona 5 (Yes I'm back at it again) That along with CSD 2 finally being released likely means my knitting progress will slow down somewhat. This shouldn't be a problem for all of you as I'm pretty far ahead (touch wood) It's always the way for me summer is my knitting season and autumn is usually so busy I grind to a halt but hopefully knitsoc will keep me somewhat on track. Its just a short post today as it is late and I want to go to sleep.

Lozenge pattern so called likely because of the appearance of broken rhobuses within the pattern also known as a lozenge pattern. What's weird to me is we call cough sweets after a synonym for rhombus, and no, I couldnt find out why. I'd hazard a guess that maybe some early brand were lozenge shaped and the name just caught on. But that is just a shot in the dark. The pattern is quite old, likely as it is so simple its pretty easy to just make up, and is traditionally from Italy. Weirdly looking at this pattern kineda makes my eyes go funny, like it's an optical illusion. Maybe that's just me. It's a nice enough overall texture but I wouldnt use it for anything requiring close inspection as it might give you a headache!


Swatch is as follows: 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 30st x 40st - Longtail CON - Surprisingly Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working flat:
CON multiple of 5st
Row 1 - *P1,K4*
Rows 2 & 3 - *P3,K2*
Row 4 - *P1,K4*
Row 5 - *K4,P1*
Rows 6 & 7 - *K2,P3*
Row 8 - *K4,P1*

            Well that's all for today, I'll try and post as often as I can during this insanely crazy period. Normally I'm super busy until around november at this point, I often can't even find the time to game ;_; depending on how much work I'm set, hopefully I'll have a day in the week where I only have one lecture or maybe even none and then I'll use that time as catch up.
I am complaining a lot about this time of year but honestly, I do love autumn because:
1) The best food is autumn food
2) It has the best weather
3) It's the prettiest season and
4) It's my birthday soon!

So Hopefully I'll have enough time to enjoy the season. Good luck and happy knitting


No comments:

Post a Comment