Wednesday 19 July 2017

Swedish Check

            So it's now... 6am and I desperately want to sleep and I just finished watching the new episode of GOT. (Season 7 for those of you far in the future) Warning Spoilers ahead!!!


**SPOILERS**

Some cursory thoughts being, Ed Sheeran singing randomly in the middle of Westeros destroyed my immersion somewhat and I hated it last time they used popular music in the show, (They put it over the credits after lopping off Jamie's hand, it was dumb everyone was mad) I wish they would stop doing that. The hound was perfection top notch. Cersei apparently doesn't give a crap if her map gets smudged because she's walking all over it as the painter paints >:( The pooper scooper scene with Sam literally made me gag, that is the grossest thing the show has done and they crushed a dudes head like a melon, it was brilliant. Apparently Euron shops at hot topic now, but at least he's funny. Does Danny just get a free castle? Seriously no one was in Dragonstone?! Not even squatters?! Stannis should've at least locked the door. By the looks of it Sansa and Jon are actually talking to each other about ruling, (Shock horror!) I get the feeling Little Finger is going to try and drive a wedge between them, but if they keep talking he's probably going to get out played. Best quote of the episode? ‪
"no need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever" ‬
‪shut. down.‬

**SPOILERS**

            Alright and now for the swatch, this one is my personal favourite of all the check type patterns, it's both a beautiful tweedy texture, and is nice in detail. It knits up particularly well with imperfectly dyed/spun yarn (like the mustard cashmere yarn I have here) The density of it means it's most appropriate for coats, windproof jumpers or sportswear. (Although whenever old B suggests sportswear I get weirded out, I'm a child of the modern era I suppose I can't imagine exercise without lycra) Its faster to work than next weeks similar but more dense pattern Twisted Check.


Swatch is as follows - 4ply - 2.5mm needles - 30st x 42st - Longtail CON - Surprisingly Stretchy COFF

Pattern for working Flat:
CON Multiple of 4st +2
Row 1 - *Ktbl*
Row 2 - *P*
Row 3 - K2-b*P2, K2-b*
Row 4 - P2*K2,P2*
Row 5 & 6 - Rows 1 & 2
Row 7 - P2*K2-b,P2*
Row 8 - K2*,P2,K2*

Well I'm off, it's half 6 and I need to get some sleep, or I'll get a headache. Was totally worth it though, and to those who didn't want to be spoiled go watch the episode and come back silly! Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment